(MEATLESS MONDAYS/VEGAN RECIPES) Summer will be here before you know it, so why not celebrate early with these perfectly moist, vegan strawberry muffins?
These dairy-free and egg-free delights are ideal as a fresh, seasonal breakfast pastry or daytime snack. Not only are they sweet and fluffy, but they’re totally guilt-free (and gluten-free with almond flour)! As always, happy eating! — Global Animal
Vegan Strawberry Muffins
Yield: 12 muffins
- 1 cup soy milk
- 1 teaspoon apple cider vinegar
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 2½ teaspoons baking powder
- ¼ teaspoon baking soda
- ½ teaspoon salt
- ½ cup + 2 tablespoons granulated sugar
- ¼ cup + 2 tablespoons canola oil
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- zest of 1 lemon
- 1 – 1 1/2 cups fresh strawberries sliced thin
- Preheat the oven to 375F. Spray a muffin tin with cooking oil and set aside.
- In a small bowl combine soy milk and apple cider vinegar. Set aside to allow milk to curdle.
- In a larger bowl combine flour, baking powder, baking soda and salt. Set aside.
- Mix together sugar, canola oil, lemon zest, and vanilla extract. Add soy milk/vinegar mixture and stir to combine. Stir in the dry ingredients until well incorporated. Be careful not to over-mix – a few lumps are okay. Fold in the strawberries.
- Spoon into muffin tins, filling each cup about ¾ full. Bake for 20-25 minutes until a knife inserted in the middle comes out clean.
- Remove from heat and allow muffins to cool before removing from pan.
Recipe Courtesy of My Darling Vegan
More My Darling Vegan: https://www.mydarlingvegan.com/vegan-strawberry-muffins/