(MEATLESS MONDAYS/VEGAN RECIPES) Before you start working on your New Year’s Resolution, enjoy one last hurrah with these vegan Italian anise cookies.
Not only are they super easy to make, but they are also the perfect treat for ringing in the New Year! As always, happy eating and happy New Year! — Global Animal
Vegan Italian Anise Cookies
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/2 cup cane sugar
- 1/2 tbs baking powder
- 1/4 cup soy milk
- 1/3 cup vegetable oil
- 1 tbs ground flaxseed + 3 tbs hot water (flax egg)
- 1 tbs anise extract
- Confectioner’s sugar
- Warm water
- Mix your three dry ingredients together in a large bowl.
- Create a hole in the center of your dry ingredients, and add all of your wet – mix well until dough forms.
- Use hands to knead the dough, then begin to roll those balls!
- Place on a greased cookie sheet and bake at 375 F for about 8 minutes, or until golden brown.
- Allow to cool before dressing up with your sugar glaze.
- Mix confectioner’s sugar with a drop of water, until desired consistency – ice… then go SPRINKLE CRAZY!
Recipe Courtesy of One Green Planet
More One Green Planet: https://www.onegreenplanet.org/vegan-recipe/italian-anise-cookies/