(MEATLESS MONDAYS/VEGAN RECIPES) Summer is almost over, so here’s your last chance to experiment with deli-style salads–great for summer get-togethers (picnics, BBQs, potlucks, camping trips, you name it)! This Tex-Mex three bean potato salad is perfect for prepping ahead of time, in a nice big batch, to bring to any summer festivity!
Simply whip together kidney beans, black beans, chickpeas, roasted potatoes, a rainbow of bell peppers, green and red onion, cilantro, and toss in a cumin-lime vinaigrette. It’s not only 100 percent vegan, but also full of fresh flavors and seasonal ingredients. As always, happy eating! — Global Animal
Tex-Mex Three Bean Potato Salad
Yield: 4 cups
- one 454 g package of The Little Potato Company’s ‘Onion Medley’ or ‘Garlic Herb’ Oven | BBQ Ready kit
- ⅓-1/2 cup grilled corn (approx. 1 ear)
- ½ cup chopped green/red/orange pepper
- 2 tbsp finely chopped red onion (soaked in water)
- ¼ cup green onion, sliced
- ½ cup kidney beans, drained
- ½ cup black beans, drained
- ½ cup chickpeas, drained
- ¼ cup cilantro, roughly chopped (adjust to taste)
- 2 tbsp water
- 2 tbsp canola oil
- 2 tbsp lime juice (add more to taste)
- 2 tsp sriracha
- 1 tsp sugar
- ½ tsp salt (adjust to taste)
- ¼-1/2 tsp cumin
- ¼-1/2 tsp chili powder
- Prepare the potatoes: Preheat oven to 450F. Slice potatoes in half, add the Onion Medley seasoning packet, drizzle with a generous amount of olive oil and stir well. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper and spread the seasoned potatoes evenly over the sheet. Bake for 25-30 minutes, flipping halfway through. Cool before slicing potatoes in half again (so each piece is a quarter of a potato.) Set aside.
- Whisk together all dressing ingredients. Pour the grilled corn, bell pepper, red onion, green onion, kidney beans, black beans, chickpeas and cilantro into a bowl and stir in the dressing.
- Add the chopped roasted potatoes just before serving.
For best flavour: Allow time for the beans and vegetables to marinate in the cumin-lime vinaigrette for a few hours before adding potatoes just prior to serving.
If you don’t haven access to The Little Potato Company’s Oven | BBQ Ready kits: Season Creamer potatoes with a blend of garlic powder, onion powder, sea salt, and dried parsley and then proceed according to the recipes instructions.
My notes: I grilled an ear of corn in my George Foreman. You can achieve similar results in an outdoor grill or by sautéeing until slightly charred in spots.
Recipe Courtesy of I Love Vegan
More I Love Vegan: http://www.ilovevegan.com/tex-mex-three-bean-potato-salad/
Learn more about the Meat-Free Mondays Challenge!
Love animals? You may be interested in –