Sonia Horon, Global Animal

Photo credit: nydailynews.com
Ashley with her dog, Marlo. Photo credit: nydailynews.com

Ashley Greene is said to be inconsolable after her apartment went up in flames and took the life of one of her beloved pooches. TMZ spotted the Twilight star at the scene of the tragic accident cradling the wrapped body of her pup.

The fire—apparently started by a candle—destroyed her entire West Hollywood flat and was so severe three neighbors had to be treated for minor injuries. The star’s other dog was taken in to be checked out by Animal Control.

The 26-year-old starlet was asleep with her boyfriend, rumored to be Reese Witherspoon’s ex-husband Ryan Phillippe, when the fire broke out in the living room of the famous complex once occupied by Marilyn Monore.

The actress, together with her brother and boyfriend, fled the apartment, but when outside they realized her dogs were missing. Both men tried to rush back into the  but to no avail. After the blaze was put out by 55 firefighters, the dog’s body was found under the bed.

Right now, it’s unclear if the deceased dog was her toy fox terrier, Marlo—of whom the actress spoke about to Lucky magazine, “Marlo, is always with me. She’s like my child, and she instantly brightens up everything.” Our condolences go out to Ashely during this difficult time. 

Click here for tips on how to deal with the death of a family pet. 

SHARE YOUR THOUGHTS:

SHARE