(HALLOWEEN/PETS) Halloween might be a time to gorge on all of those Kit Kats, but your pets shouldn’t have to miss out on all the sweets.
As you prepare your animal companions for a spooky holiday, why not whip up some tasty Halloween treats to go along with their costumes? They might not be able to trick-or-treat for candy, but they are sure to be happy with these delicious, pet-friendly treats! — Global Animal
Halloween Cat Cookie
Your kitties will love the fishy flavor of these tasty treats.
- 1/4 cup warm water
- 5 Tablespoons parmesan cheese
- 3 Tablespoons soft margarine
- 1 Tablespoon cod liver oil
- 1 cup white flour
- 1/4 cup soy flour
- Preheat oven to 300 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Combine water, cheese, margarine and oil.
- Add flour and form dough.
- Roll to 1/4 inch thick and cut with small holiday cookie cutters.
- Bake on an ungreased cookie sheet for 20 to 25 minutes, or until golden.
Peanut Butter and Pumpkin Pooch Treats
Your dog will love the taste and enjoy the crunch!
- 2 1/2 cups whole wheat flour
- 1/2 cup fresh or canned pumpkin (not seasoned pie filling)
- 1/2 cup peanut butter
- 2 teaspoons cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 cup water as needed
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Whisk together flour, baking powder, pumpkin, peanut butter and cinnamon in a bowl.
- Add water as needed, but the dough should be stiff and dry.
- Roll to 1/2 inch thick and cut with holiday cookie cutters.
- Bake for about 40 minutes, or until hard.
Perfect holiday flavors for your canine!
- 2 cups organic brown rice flour
- 1/2 cup buckwheat flour
- 3 tsp wheat-free baking powder
- 2 teaspoons cinnamon
- 1/4 tsp powdered ginger
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 1/2 cup honey or maple syrup
- 2 eggs beaten
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 1/2 cups organic canned pumpkin (without spice)
- 1/2 cup water or apple juice (reserved)
- Preheat the oven to 400°F.
- Combine the dry ingredients and mix well.
- In a separate bowl, combine all the wet ingredients, except for the water or juice, blending well.
- Mix the dry ingredients into the wet very slowly. The batter should be thick but pourable.
- Slowly mix in the water or juice until you have a nice consistency.
- Take about 1/2 Tbsp size drops and place them on a well-oiled cookie sheet.
- Bake at 400°F for 10 minutes. Cookies should be firm, but still soft and chewy, just like you like your own cookies!
Special Note: Remember these recipes are treats and should not replace your pet’s regular meals. Please check with your veterinarian if your pet has special dietary needs or food allergies.