(MEATLESS MONDAYS/VEGAN RECIPES) Whether you’re vegan or just trying to eat a little healthier, these sweet potato fajitas have you covered for meal prep Sunday.
This meal prep recipe couldn’t be any easier–simply cook the seasoned veggies on a sheet pan and serve with rice or quinoa and guacamole for a balanced, filling meal.
Note this recipe is also completely customizable. You could easily substitute the bell peppers and onions with brussels sprouts, green beans, asparagus, cauliflower, broccoli, or whatever your heart desires! As always, happy eating! — Global Animal
Sweet Potato Fajitas Meal Prep
Yield: 3-4 bowls
- 5 cups sweet potato, chopped into “fry” shape
- 1 red onion, sliced
- 1 green bell pepper
- 1 red bell pepper
- 3 Tablespoons olive oil
- 1 teaspoon sea salt
- 1 teaspoon paprika
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon chipotle powder
- 1/4 teaspoon cumin
- 1/8 teaspoon cayenne
- 1/8 teaspoon garlic powder
- 2 cups cooked brown rice (or quinoa!)
- Preheat oven to 375º and line two baking sheets with parchment paper.
- In a small bowl, combine salt, paprika, pepper, chipotle, cumin, cayenne, and garlic powder. Stir together.
- Spread sweet potatoes on sheet pan and drizzle with 2 Tablespoons of oil. Sprinkle half of the seasoning over them and mix them up to coat evenly.
- On the second sheet pan, spread bell peppers and onion. Drizzle with remaining oil and sprinkle the other half of the seasoning. Mix to coat evenly.
- Place the sweet potatoes into the oven and bake for 10 minutes. Then place the bell pepper + onion sheet pan into the oven and continue baking for 30 minutes. Remove both pans at the halfway mark to stir for even baking.
- While the veggies are baking, you have just enough time to make your brown rice or quinoa or other grain of choice! (We cooked brown rice in our Instant Pot.)
Recipe Courtesy of The Fitchen
More The Fitchen: http://thefitchen.com/sweet-potato-fajitas-meal-prep/