(MEATLESS MONDAYS/VEGAN RECIPES) There are few things as delicious as a loaded nacho plate. These nachos use high quality Que Pasa brand tortilla chips–they’re organic, lightly-salted, and the perfect restaurant-style tortilla chips.
This recipe is also bubbling with loads of vegan cheese, fresh veggie toppings, heaps of guacamole, and tangy salsa. These loaded nachos can serve two very hungry people as a meal, or a group of four as an appetizer. As always, happy eating! — Global Animal
Loaded Vegan Nacho Plate
Yield: 2-4 servings
- Approx. 6 cups or 1/2 425g bag of tortilla chips (we recommend Que Pasa brand)
- 1/2 cup finely chopped vine-ripened tomato (seeds removed)
- 1/2 cup finely chopped green bell pepper
- 1/4 cup finely chopped red onion
- 1/4 cup sliced black olives
- 1/4 cup black beans
- 2 tbsp finely minced jalapeño (seeds removed) (optional)
- 1/2 cup vegan mozzarella shreds (we recommend Daiya)
- 1/2 cup vegan cheddar shreds (again, Daiya)
- 1/2-1 cup shredded iceberg lettuce
- 1/3 cup chopped tomato (seeds removed)
- 2 tbsp chopped cilantro
- 1/2 cup guacamole
- 1/2 cup roasted garlic hummus
- 1/2 cup salsa
- Preheat oven to 425F.
- Spread chips out in a single layer.
- Combine the mozzarella and cheddar and top the chips with 1/2 of the cheese mixture.
- Evenly sprinkle the tomato, green pepper, red onion, black olives, black beans, and jalapeño over the cheese. Sprinkle the remaining 1/2 of the cheese over top.
- Bake for 5-7 minutes, until the cheese melts.
- Turn the oven on to broil. Cook for 30 seconds to 1 minute (or until the cheese is just bubbling) for gooey melt-y cheese. For crunchier cheese and toastier chips, let the cheese bubble for 2-3 minutes before removing from the oven. Take care not to allow the chips to burn.
- Top with shredded lettuce and cilantro. Serve with hummus, guacamole, and salsa. Serve immediately.
We thinly sliced the jalapeños into rounds for this recipe to show the distinction between the chopped green bell peppers and the jalapeño. Nachos with the rounds with SUPER spicy, so you may prefer to remove the seeds and finely chop the jalapeño for a milder kick. The jalapeño can be omitted if you prefer milder foods.
Recipe Courtesy of I Love Vegan
More I Love Vegan: https://www.ilovevegan.com/loaded-vegan-nacho-plate/