(MEATLESS MONDAYS/VEGAN RECIPES) Nothing says ‘summer’ quite like watermelon. This Watermelon White Sangria is perfect for your next summer shindig or a day spent relaxing by the pool.
The watermelon, berries, and lime infuse the white wine with fresh summer flavors that are impossible to resist. As always, happy sipping! — Global Animal
Watermelon White Sangria
Yield: 6 glasses
- 1 cup cubed watermelon
- ½ medium nectarine, peach or plum, thinly sliced
- ½ cup raspberries, sliced strawberries or blackberries (optional)
- 5 to 6 thin slices lime
- 1 (750 ml) bottle sauvignon blanc
- ¼ cup St. Germain liqueur
- 1 to 2 tablespoons agave nectar or simple syrup (optional), to taste
- Ice, for serving
- In a large pitcher, combine the prepared watermelon, nectarine, raspberries and lime. Pour in the St. Germain, followed by the entire bottle of sauvignon blanc. Gently stir with a big spoon to combine. Let the mixture chill in the refrigerator for 2 to 4 hours (the longer, the better).
- Taste and stir in some agave nectar if the sangria isn’t quite sweet enough for you. Serve sangria in individual glasses, over ice.
Recipe Courtesy of Cookie and Kate
More Cookie and Kate: https://cookieandkate.com/2015/watermelon-white-sangria-recipe/