(MEATLESS MONDAYS/VEGAN RECIPES) In case you missed National Ice Cream Day yesterday, here’s another reason to celebrate!
This coconut chocolate chip ice cream is not only creamy, thick, and delicious, but it’s also vegan, paleo, gluten-free, and dairy-free! Using only six healthy ingredients, it’s also super easy to make with no churning involved.
This recipe is perfect for dessert, a mid-afternoon treat, or even a movie night! As always, happy eating! — Global Animal
Coconut Chocolate Chip Vegan Ice Cream
Yield: 2 cups
- 3 medium bananas, sliced and frozen
- ½ cup coconut cream*
- 1-2 tablespoons pure maple syrup
- ½ teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- ½ cup unsweetened coconut, shreds or flakes
- ¼ cup vegan chocolate chips
- Add bananas to a blender or food processor. Blend until crumbly. Add coconut cream, maple syrup and vanilla, blending until smooth. Scrape down the sides of the blender as needed.
- Add coconut, blending until just incorporated (3-6 pulses).
- Add chocolate chips to a small, microwave-safe bowl.** Heat in the microwave in 15-second increments until melted. Stir in between increments, until smooth. Scrape melted chocolate into the blender. Pulse a few times to combine. Scrape down the sides of the blender as needed.
- If you like super soft, melty ice cream, enjoy immediately. If you want your ice cream firm and scoopable: pour into a freezer-friendly, airtight container. Freeze for 3-6 hours, or until completely frozen. Allow to thaw for 5-15 minutes before scooping. Enjoy!
Recipe Courtesy of Beaming Baker