(MEATLESS MONDAYS/VEGAN RECIPES) These Sunrise Nori Wraps with Spicy Tahini Drizzle make for the perfect light lunch, snack, or appetizer for this week’s Meat-Free Monday recipe.
Not only are these wraps raw, vegan, and gluten-free, but they are absolutely delicious, too!
The best part? You can whip up the spicy tahini dressing, chop the veggies, and wrap them in just 15 minutes or less! As always, happy eating! — Global Animal
Sunrise Nori Wraps With Spicy Tahini Drizzle
Yield: 4 wraps
Sunrise Nori Wraps
- 4 nori seaweed sheets
- 1/4 small head red cabbage very thinly sliced
- 1 large carrot peeled and juliened
- 1 small yellow summer squash julienned
- 1 small cucumber julienned
- 1 large ripe avocado pitted, peeled, and sliced
- 1 recipe Spicy Tahini Drizzle
Spicy Tahini Drizzle
- 2 tablespoons freshly squeezed lemon juice
- 1 1/4 tablespoons chickpea miso paste
- 1 tablespoon raw tahini
- 2 medjool dates pitted
- 1 garlic clove minced
- 1/4 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
- Water as needed to thin the drizzle
Place the nori sheets on a flat surface. Divide the cabbage, carrot, squash, cucumber, and avocado among the sheets. Top each pile of vegetables with a heaping tablespoon of the Spicy Tahini Drizzle, and the roll up the nori sheets into a tube shape.
Make the tahini: Combine all of the ingredients except the water in a blender. Blend, adding water 1 teaspoon at a time as you go, until the mixture becomes a thin sauce.
Recipe Courtesy of E.A. Stewart