(MEATLESS MONDAYS/VEGAN RECIPES) This Southwestern pasta salad with avocado, black beans, and lime dressing is the perfect vegan dish for any summer party like BBQs and potlucks.
This recipe uses farfalle, but you can use almost any kind of pasta you want. If you’re not a fan of cilantro, you could also substitute parsley or green onions.
This pasta salad is not only super easy to make, but it’s also super healthy. As always, happy eating! — Global Animal
Southwestern Pasta Salad
Yield: 4 servings
For the vegan Southwestern pasta salad:
- 12 oz farfalle pasta
- 1 heaped cup black beans (canned)
- 1 1/2 cups corn
- 2 cups cherry tomatoes, cut into halves
- 1 orange bell pepper, cut into stripes
- 1 avocado, cut into medium-sized chunks
- 3 green onions, cut into rings
- 1/2 cup fresh cilantro, chopped (optional)
For the lime dressing:
- 1 tablespoon fresh lime juice
- 2 tablespoon olive oil
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1 teaspoon paprika powder
- 1 tablespoon white wine vinegar
- 1 splash agave
- 1 tablespoon water
- 1-2 cloves of garlic, minced
- black pepper
Cook the pasta according to the instructions on the package. Once cooked, rinse with cold water and set aside.
In a large bowl, combine all ingredients for the dressing. Add the ingredients for the pasta salad and stir well. Let the salad sit in the fridge for a couple of hours. Enjoy!
Recipe Courtesy of Vegan Heaven
More Vegan Heaven: https://veganheaven.org/recipe/southwestern-pasta-salad-vegan/