(MEATLESS MONDAYS/VEGAN RECIPES) Satisfy your french fry and potato chip craving with these spicy nacho potato bites!
These crispy, spicy roasted potato medallions topped with melted vegan cheese, chunky homemade guacamole, and fresh vegetables are the perfect healthy spring and summer appetizer.
Not only are they completely vegan, but they are full of fiber, iron, and healthy fats–a great example of healthy potato-based snacking! As always, happy eating! — Global Animal
Spicy Nacho Potato Bites
Yield: 2-3 servings
- 4 cups sliced Little Potatoes (approx. half of a 1.5lb bag of Blushing Belle, Baby Boomer, or Terrific Trio)
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- ½ tsp chipotle powder
- ¼ tsp chili powder
- ¼ tsp paprika
- ½ tsp garlic powder
- ¼ tsp onion powder
- ½ tsp salt
- 1 recipe Guacamole
- ¼ cup vegan cheddar shreds
- 8-10 sliced grape tomatoes
- ¼ red onion, finely chopped or 2-3 green onions, thinly sliced
- 1 small jalapeño, thinly sliced
- cilantro, for garnish
- Prepare 1 recipe guacamole.
- Prepare toppings (slice up approx. 8-10 grape tomatoes,1 small jalapeño, ¼ red onion or 2-3 green onions, and cilantro.)
- Preheat oven to 450F.
- Cut potatoes into approximately ⅛”-1/4″ thick slices.
- Mix together the potatoes, olive oil, chipotle powder, chili powder, paprika, garlic powder, onion powder, and salt until well combined.
- Lay the seasoned potatoes onto a baking sheet lined with parchment paper. Do not overcrowd the potatoes.
- Bake for 12 minutes. Flip and bake for another 6-8 minutes until they’re golden-brown and crisp.
- Optional: Top with a light sprinkle of vegan cheese shreds and broil for 1-2 minutes or until the cheese is hot and bubbling.
- Quickly top with approx. 1-2 tsp guacamole. For variety top some with tomato slices, some with jalapeño slices, and some with cilantro, sprinkle with onion. Serve on a warm serving plate. Enjoy!
For casual snacking: Halve the recipe and simply quarter the potatoes instead of slicing them. Serve the hot potatoes with a side of guacamole for dipping.
Recipe Courtesy of I Love Vegan
More I Love Vegan: http://www.ilovevegan.com/spicy-nacho-potato-bites/