(MEATLESS MONDAYS/VEGAN RECIPES) For this week’s meatless meal, try these vegan rice paper rolls with mango, mint, and avocado and an easy peanut sauce for dipping.
These homemade rice paper rolls are the perfect light dinner for warmer days. Not only are they healthy and low in calories, but they’re also super easy to make!
Plus, they’re a wonderful appetizer for parties–just look at that medley of color! As always, happy eating! — Global Animal
Rice Paper Rolls With Mango & Mint
Yield: 6 rolls
For the rice paper rolls:
- 6 sheets Vietnamese rice paper
- 1 avocado
- 1 cucumber
- 3 small carrots
- 1 mango
- 3 green onions, cut into rings
- 1 cup purple cabbage, cut into thin stripes
- about 6 radishes, cut into thin slices
- 1 cup fresh mint
- 2-3 cups lettuce, cut into thin stripes
- 1 – 1 1/2 cups cooked glass noodles
- 7 oz block firm tofu
- 1 teaspoon sesame oil
- 1 tablespoon soy sauce
- 1 tablespoon sesame seeds
- 1/4 cup chunky peanut butter
- 2 teaspoons soy sauce
- 1 clove of garlic, minced
- 3-4 tablespoons warm water
- 1/2 teaspoons sriracha sauce (optional)
- Cut the avocado, the carrots, the mango, the lettuce, and the purple cabbage into thing stripes.
When you’re done cutting the veggies, fill a shallow bowl with water and dip the rice papers in water so they get moderately wet on both sides. Don’t let them soak too long, so they don’t get too soft.
First make the tofu (it’s optional but really yummy): Cut the tofu into thin stripes (about 0.10 inches thick) and heat the sesame oil in a medium-sized pan. Add the tofu and the soy sauce and cook for about 4 minutes until the tofu is brown and crispy. Then add the sesame seeds and cook for another minute.
When you soaked the rice papers, fill them with the veggies and the tofu (if using) and wrap them like a burrito. I think it’s best to center the filling and then roll it up and fold in the two side flaps.
Then make the peanut dipping sauce: In a medium bowl, combine the peanut butter with the soy sauce, the garlic, the warm water, and the sriracha sauce.
Serve the rice paper rolls with the peanut dipping sauce.
Recipe Courtesy of Vegan Heaven
More Vegan Heaven: https://veganheaven.org/recipe/rice-paper-rolls-with-mango-and-mint/