(MEATLESS MONDAYS/VEGAN RECIPES) Enjoy the final days of summer with this summer breakfast recipe. This Chocolate Raspberry Dreams Breakfast Parfait is not only vegan, gluten-free, no bake/raw, and soy-free, but it can also be made the night before and assembled so it’s ready to go in the morning.
Simply put together a big batch of overnight oats, chia jam, and Coconut Whipped Cream. After the oats set and the jam cools, layer all the ingredients into jars. The batch makes about 4 servings so you can enjoy it on several occasions. It’ll be there waiting for you as a breakfast or snack, and it’ll keep for a few days–so easy, so good, and so perfect for summer! — Global Animal
Chocolate Raspberry Dreams Breakfast Parfait
Yield: 4 servings
For the Raspberry Chia Seed Jam (makes 1 cup):
- 1 (300 g/10 oz) bag frozen raspberries
- 2 tablespoons (20 g) chia seeds
- 2 tablespoons (30 mL) pure maple syrup, or to taste
- 1 teaspoon (5 mL) pure vanilla extract or vanilla bean powder (optional)
For the Chocolate Overnight Oats (makes 3 cups):
- 1 cup (100 g) gluten-free rolled oats
- 1/3 cup (55 g) chia seeds
- 2 to 3 tablespoons (30 to 45 mL) pure maple syrup, to taste
- 2 tablespoons (10 g) unsweetened cocoa powder
- 2 1/2 cups (625 mL) unsweetened almond milk
For the topping:
- Homemade Coconut Whipped Cream or So Delicious Coconut Whip*
- Fresh or frozen raspberries
- Sliced toasted almonds or hazelnuts
- For the Raspberry Chia Seed Jam: Add the frozen raspberries, chia seeds, and maple syrup into a medium pot. Stir to combine. Cook uncovered over medium heat, stirring frequently, for about 7 to 9 minutes, until the raspberries break down. (It will still look a bit runny, but it will thicken as it cools.) Remove from heat and stir in the vanilla, if using, and additional maple syrup, if desired. Allow the jam to cool on the counter, uncovered, for about a half hour before covering and chilling in the fridge.
- For the Chocolate Overnight Oats: In a large container with a lid, whisk together the oats, chia seeds, maple syrup, and cocoa powder until combined. Add the milk, and whisk until no clumps of cocoa powder remain. Secure lid and let it sit on the counter for 2 to 3 minutes. After sitting briefly, shake the mixture (or stir) again to combine. This just helps prevent the chia seeds from clumping up. Chill in the fridge for a couple hours, or overnight.
- Prepare the Coconut Whipped Cream, or if using, thaw the store-bought coconut whipped cream in the fridge or on the counter. Store in the fridge until ready to use.
- When the chia jam and oats are ready, layer them into jars or bowls along with the coconut whipped cream. Add your desired toppings, and enjoy! The parfaits can be made in advance and enjoyed for a few days.
- * To change up this recipe, feel free to swap the Coconut Whipped Cream for Banana Soft Serve.
- Make it nut-free: Swap the almond milk for a nut-free non-dairy milk, and omit the nut topping.
Recipe Courtesy of Oh She Glows