(MEATLESS MONDAYS/VEGAN RECIPES) For this week’s Meat-Free Monday, try these delicious garlic soba and zucchini noodles. This recipe makes for a great lunch dish or light dinner that cooks in just under 20 minutes.
Snow peas, broccoli, spinach, and carrots are great mix-ins, and if you feel like going all out, add veggie potstickers as an appetizer. You could even throw together a simple green salad with light dressing as a side dish. As always, happy eating! — Global Animal
Garlic Soba And Zucchini Noodles
Yield: 2 servings
- 4 ounces soba noodles
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 2-3 cloves garlic, grated
- 1 tablespoon grated ginger
- 1/4 cup soy sauce
- 2 tablespoons water
- 1 tablespoon honey or vegan substitute
- 1/2 small red onion, thinly sliced
- 1 small yellow bell pepper, thinly sliced
- 1 small zucchini, julienned into noodles, roughly 2 cups worth
- 2-3 tablespoons toasted sesame seeds
- Bring a pot of water to a boil. Add soba noodles and cook until tender, 4-5 minutes. Drain and rinse under cold water, set aside.
- In a large skillet, heat olive oil over medium-low heat. Add grated garlic and ginger, cooking for 1 minute. Pour in soy sauce, water, and honey. Bring to a boil, reduce to a simmer, and cook for 2 minutes.
- Add in the thinly sliced red onion and pepper to the soy sauce mixture, cooking until tender, another 3-4 minutes. Next, add zucchini noodles, stirring to coat the noodles. Cook for 1-2 minutes (I like my zucchini noodles to still have a slight crunch). Taste and add more soy sauce or honey if desired.
- Toss with soba noodles and serve with a sprinkle of toasted sesame seeds. While you can serve this dish warm, I find I like it cold (and usually the next day!)
Recipe Courtesy of Naturally Ella
More Naturally Ella: https://naturallyella.com/garlic-soba-and-zucchini-noodles/