(MEATLESS MONDAYS/VEGAN RECIPES) Now that spring has finally sprung, tantalize your taste buds with this spring salad with a strawberry-lemon-basil dressing.
Using a food processor, blend fresh strawberries, basil, and lemon juice, along with a touch of olive oil, pure maple syrup, fine grain sea salt, and black pepper, into a healthy and light, yet creamy and indulgent dressing.
Drizzle it over a bed of mixed greens and stir in your favorite salad toppings like slivered almonds and sliced strawberries. As always, happy eating! — Global Animal
Spring Salad With Strawberry Lemon Basil Dressing
Yield: 2/3 cup dressing
For the dressing
- 1 cup fresh strawberries
- 1/4 cup packed fresh basil
- 3 tbsp fresh lemon juice
- 1 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- 1-2 tsp pure maple syrup, to taste
- fine grain sea salt & black pepper, to taste (I used 1/4 tsp each)
For the salad
- Slivered almonds, toasted
- shredded unsweetened coconut, toasted
- mixed greens
- strawberries, chopped
- chiffonade fresh basil
- Preheat the oven to 300F. Toast the almonds for about 7-8 minutes and then remove and add the coconut. Toast another 2-4 minutes, or until lightly golden, watching closely so the coconut doesn’t burn.
- In a food processor, add the strawberries, basil, lemon juice, and oil. Process until smooth. Add in the salt, pepper, and maple syrup to taste and process again.
- Assemble the salad as desired. Leftover dressing should keep for at least a few days in a sealed container.
Recipe Courtesy of Oh She Glows