(MEATLESS MONDAYS/VEGAN RECIPES) Looking for something healthy, delicious, and easy to make? For this week’s Meat-Free Monday, try this perfect vegan Pad Thai dish. Not only is it vegan and gluten-free, but it only takes about 40 minutes to make!
Made with rice noodles and perfectly crispy tofu seasoned with fresh herbs and sweet and salty Pad Thai sauce, this meatless meal is guaranteed to awaken your tastebuds. Dish it up with your favorite toppings like freshly squeezed lime, bean sprouts, and/or roasted peanuts. As always, happy eating! — Global Animal
Easy, Vegan Pad Thai
Yield: 4 servings
- 8 ounces Rice Noodles
- 3 tablespoons sesame oil, divided
- 8 ounce block of extra firm tofu
- 1 red bell pepper, thinly sliced
- 1 yellow bell pepper, thinly sliced
- 1 cup mung bean sprouts
- 4 scallions, thinly sliced
- 3 cloves of garlic, minced
- 1/4 cup vegetable broth
- 2 tablespoon tamari sauce
- 2-3 tablespoon vegan fish sauce or white miso
- 3 tablespoons maple syrup
- 2 tablespoons chili paste
- juice of 1 lime
- roasted peanuts
- fresh lime
- fresh basil and cilantro
- mung bean sprouts
- sweet paste
- Cook the rice noodles according to package instructions. Once cooked, immediately rinse in cold water, toss with 1 tablespoon sesame oil, and set aside.
- While noodles are cooking, make the tofu. Heat the remaining 2 tablespoons of sesame oil in a large cast iron skillet. Cut tofu in 1″ X 1/2″ rectangles. Once oil is hot, add tofu and sauté for 7 minutes, flipping once, until tofu is crispy and brown on both sides.
- Add red and yellow bell peppers and cook for another 3 minutes, stirring occasionally. Once peppers are soft, add mung bean sprouts, scallions, and garlic. Sauté for another 2-3 minutes.
- Stir in sauce and noodles to the tofu/vegetable mixture until heated through thoroughly.
- Divide onto 4 plates and top with desired topping. Serve immediately.
Recipe Courtesy of My Darling Vegan
More My Darling Vegan: http://www.mydarlingvegan.com/2017/01/vegan-pad-thai/