(MEATLESS MONDAYS/VEGAN RECIPES) Still working on that New Year’s Resolution? This healthy minestrone soup is the perfect dish for a cold January day. It’s not only gluten- and dairy-free, but it’s also packed with lots of veggies and protein. Enjoy on it’s own or as a side dish! As always, happy eating! — Global Animal
Healthy Minestrone Soup
A one-pot meal, ready in 40 minutes with this Healthy Minestrone Soup! This gluten and dairy-free soup is packed-full of veggies and protein for a filling and delicious weekday lunch or dinner recipe.
Yield: 8 cups
- 1 T olive oil
- 1 large yellow onion, diced
- 1 large carrot, peeled and chopped
- 3 celery stalks, chopped
- 1 red bell pepper, chopped
- 4 garlic cloves, minced
- 2 cups green beans, trimmed and chopped
- 1 28-ounce can of diced tomatoes
- 6 cups vegetable stock
- 1 1/2 tsp dried oregano
- 1 tsp dried basil
- 1/2 tsp dried thyme
- 1 tsp sea salt
- 1/2 tsp black pepper
- 1 can white kidney beans or cannellini beans
- 1 cup macaroni pasta (I used gluten-free brown rice noodles)
- 1/2 head of kale, stemmed and chopped
- optional: 1/4 cup fresh parsley, chopped
- Heat up a large pot over med-high heat and add olive oil.
- Throw in onion, carrot and celery and cook for 3-5 minutes or until onions are translucent.
- Add in garlic and bell pepper and cook for 1 minute.
- Add in green beans and cook for another minute.
- Top with diced tomatoes, vegetable stock, spices and and beans and stir. DO NOT ADD PASTA!
- Bring to a boil and then let simmer, covered over med-low heat for 20 minutes.
- Add in pasta and kale and cook for 10 more minutes or until noodles are cooked.
- Top with fresh parsley, if using and serve warm.
- Will keep for a week in refrigerator for up to one week.
Recipe Courtesy of The Healthy Maven
More The Healthy Maven: http://www.thehealthymaven.com/2016/01/healthy-minestrone-soup.html