(MEATLESS MONDAYS/VEGAN RECIPES) Looking for something to satisfy your sweet tooth, but without all of the guilt? These carob almond freezer fudge squares are the perfect chocolatey snack for the holidays.
They’re not only vegan–but they’re also gluten-free, raw, sugar-free, and soy-free! Bring them to the office to share with coworkers, or simply enjoy them at home with your family! As always, happy eating! — Global Animal
Carob Almond Freezer Fudge & Frosty
Ready in 30 minutes, this carob freezer fudge is low in sugar while still tasting quite decadent. Feel free to change up the nut butter, sweetener, and mix-ins as you see fit. The coconut oil is necessary in this recipe though as it helps solidify the fudge when chilled. It melts quickly so be sure to enjoy it straight from the freezer and don’t let it sit on the counter for more than a couple minutes.
Yield: 10 large or 16 smaller squares
- 1/2 cup virgin coconut oil, melted
- 1/4 cup creamy natural almond butter (roasted or raw are both fine)
- 1/4 cup carob powder, sifted
- 1 tablespoon unsweetened cocoa powder, sifted
- 2-3 tablespoons pure maple syrup (or liquid sweetener of choice), to taste
- 1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- 1/8-1/4 teaspoon fine grain sea salt
- 1/2 cup gluten-free rice crisp cereal (to add crunch – optional)
- Line a very small loaf pan (4″ x 8″) with plastic wrap for easy removal.
- Mix all ingredients together in a large bowl until smooth.
- With a spatula, scoop the mixture into the prepared pan and smooth out.
- Freeze for about 20 minutes, or until solid.
- Slice into squares and enjoy! Store leftovers in a container in the freezer as it melts quickly at room temperature.
Recipe Courtesy: Oh She Glows