(MEATLESS MONDAYS/VEGAN RECIPES) Autumn is just around the corner! So for today’s Meat-Free Monday, we have a delicious Cocoa Cashew Butter Muffin recipe that is perfect for the fall weather. As always, happy eating! — Global Animal
Cocoa Cashew Butter Muffins
Yield: 18 muffins
- 3 cups white whole wheat flour
- 1 cup unsweetened cocoa powder
- 1 tablespoon baking powder
- 1 tablespoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 2 cups Almond Breeze Vanilla Almond Milk
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 6 ounces plain coconut or soy based yogurt
- 1/2 cup nondairy sour cream
- 2/3 cup cashew butter
- 1/4 cup vegetable oil
- 2 tablespoons pure vanilla extract
- 1 cup chopped dark chocolate
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. and grease 18 muffin cups.
- In a large bowl, whisk together flour, cocoa powder, baking powder, baking soda, and salt.
- In a medium bowl, whisk together almond milk, sugar, yogurt, sour cream, cashew butter, oil, and vanilla until smooth.
- Add almond milk mixture to the flour mixture and stir just until moistened. Stir in chopped chocolate.
- Fill 18 muffin cups and bake for 30 minutes or until muffins are lightly browned and cooked through.
- Let cool in muffin pans for 5 minutes then invert onto a wire rack to cool completely.
- Store in an airtight container up to 2 days or freeze. To freeze, place muffins on a baking sheet and freeze until firm then transfer to a heavy duty freezer bag. Freeze up to 2 months.
Recipe Courtesy: Michelle Borboa
More Vegan She Knows: vegan.sheknows.com