(MEATLESS MONDAYS/VEGAN RECIPES) For this week’s Meatless Monday recipe, switch up your normal breakfast routine with these no-bake, quinoa, oat, and chia treats.
Not only are they packed with fiber, but they’re bursting with flavor. What’s more, the cherries and dark chocolate are sure to satisfy your sweet tooth.
Enjoy as a grab-and-go breakfast or an afternoon snack. As always, happy eating! — Global Animal
Choco-Cherry Supercarb Bars
Yield: 14 bars
- 2 cup old-fashioned oats
- 1/2 cup quinoa
- 1/2 cup chia seeds
- 1/2 cup sliced almonds
- 1/2 cup dried cherries
- 1/2 cup chopped dark chocolate
- 3/4 cup creamy almond butter
- 1/3 cup honey
- 2 tbsp. coconut oil
- 1/2 cup pureed prunes (from about 1 c. prunes)
- Line a large baking sheet with parchment paper.
- In a large bowl, combine oats, quinoa, chia seeds,almonds, cherries, and chocolate.
- In a small saucepan on low, heat almond butter, honey, coconut oil and 1/2 teaspoon salt until melted and smooth, stirring occasionally. Stir in prune puree.
- Pour almond butter mixture over oat mixture and stir to combine.
- With hands, form into bars using about 1/3 cup mixture for each; place on prepared sheet and refrigerate until set, about 1 hour. Store in refrigerator, in airtight container, up to 3 weeks.
Recipe Courtesy of Good Housekeeping
More Good Housekeeping: http://www.goodhousekeeping.com/food-recipes/a40525/choco-cherry-supercarb-bars-recipe/
Learn more about the Meat-Free Mondays Challenge!
Love animals? You may be interested in –